A Message to Our Community Regarding COVID-19
Dear friends of Gallery 263,
After being closed for in-person gallery visits since March due to COVID-19, we are happy to note we reopened to the public on Thursday, September 17. For the immediate future, gallery hours will be reduced to Wednesday–Friday, 4–7 PM, and Saturday, 1–4 PM. The gallery will follow the following safety protocols for COVID-19:
- Gallery capacity is limited to no more than four visitors at once.
- Masks are required.
- All visitors need to maintain physical distance from the gallery attendant and each other.
- Surfaces, including doorknobs, will be frequently cleaned by gallery staff.
Changes in Weekly Programming & Events Due to COVID-19
Due to the ongoing risks from COVID-19, the following changes are still in place.
Life Drawing Boston is canceled until further notice.
Yoga at Gallery 263 is offered through live streaming. The suggested donation to participate in online yoga is $10, but you are welcome to pay what you can.
- Mondays, 7:15 PM
- Join the Hatha Yoga class via Zoom here>>
- Meeting ID: 454 527 437
- Tuesdays, 5:30 PM
- Join the Yin Yoga class via Zoom here>>
- Meeting ID: 819 0005 4922
- Wednesdays, 7:15 PM
- Fridays, 6:00 AM
Call for Art and Call for Exhibition Proposals
If you are looking for ways to be proactive about your art practice during these challenging times, we hope you will apply to our current opportunities.
Artists and Performers in Need of Assistance
We know COVID-19 is adversely impacting many of you. Some resources that may be helpful for you include:
- The Boston Artist Relief Fund will award grants of $500 and $1,000 to individual Boston-based artists whose creative practices and incomes are being adversely impacted by the pandemic.
- If you have lost revenue from a canceled music gig, you may apply for a rapid grant of up to $200 through the Boston Music Maker Relief Fund.
- Singers may apply for funding through the Boston Singers’ Relief Fund.
- Another helpful resource for artists and cultural organizations is a list compiled by the New England Foundation for the Arts: learn more here.
- A compilation of general Boston-area community care resources (to access and/or support), can be found here.
Donate Now: Help Lessen COVID-19’s Impact on Gallery 263
As a small nonprofit art space, we depend on our communities’ support to keep our programs running, our staff supported, and our mission-driven impact flourishing. Closing our organization from March until September has severely impacted our budget and placed a strain on the gallery far beyond the height of this crisis. Please consider supporting the gallery today to ensure we can continue to serve as a resource for local and emerging artists and the community at large.
For questions regarding exhibitions, please contact our exhibitions manager, Douglas Breault, at email@example.com. For programming, events, and any other questions, please contact our managing director, Alexandra Photopoulos, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For press related questions, please contact our communications director, Allison Gray, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate these unprecedented circumstances. Our thoughts are with you, and we wish you all health, safety, and creativity.
Gallery 263 Staff and Board